Xmassacre.

Christ our saviour, been and gone
roasted peanuts grown stale
necessary familial bonds tearing
with the paper hats we're forced to model
Yule tide embraces not outliving the day
all excitement dying with the solitary midday snowflake
only mother spotted
Whatever happened to the joy of childhood-
silently stolen as we age into insanity
Cradle these woes in a bed that held a million promises
but sanctioned not one
I ache so much for the hand of a friend-
even an enemy in costume
anything to consume these idle thoughts-
i'd turn to stone for the slightest relief
HAZARDS fall when I look up
floors paint pictures of funerals
where beggars pilfer dirt
to smoke away the danger signs-
SILENCE is my emperor
she rules with iron fists
she sexualised my soul way too young
it hurts to pen the pain-
these rhymes are lies
i tried to bind but fell beneath
(tumults of sea, they mothered me in
i smiled as my heart surrendered)

No comments: